Image courtesy dan at www.freedigitalphotos.net
Purposeful Pathway is the haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural.
The theme of this post is harvesting low-hanging fruit!
Autumn is officially here, and it is a glorious time of year! The leaves are aflame with color. The winds refresh the soul. The clear blue skies sing of God’s glory.
Fall activities, too, are in full swing. One of my favorite is apple-picking. I feel wonderfully connected to the season as I harvest apples in aromatic orchards.
I have a choice when I partake in the picking. I can either climb high on the ladder or simply pick the low-hanging fruit. Fun as it may be to climb, it is often easiest to pick the apples on low-hanging branches. Yet how often do we do just this in our businesses? How often do we stop long enough to see the low-hanging fruit before us?
Below are seven steps for picking low-hanging fruit in a faith-based business:
- Commence the process with your clients. Past and current clients are rich sources of new business and referrals. In light of this, schedule time to regularly connect with past and current clients. When speaking with them, devote time and energy to discovering what they really need. This involves deep, intentional listening. “My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.”(James 1:19 NIV) If you know you can fill their needs, present an offering to them with a special savings or limited-time bonus.
- Reward your referrers. Ask for referrals actively and reward your referrers generously! Referrals allow us to reap fruit quickly in our businesses, yet this is an often overlooked practice. Initially we can feel “salesy” when asking for referrals. Yet, as in all things, practice makes perfect. “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” (Galatians 6:9 NIV) Practice asking for referrals consistently. Remember that in doing so you could potentially transform lives. The goal of our faith-based businesses is to bring God-centered transformation, so do not be ashamed to ask for business – and, specifically, for referrals. Be sure to reward your referrers; send a gift and a thank-you note. Referrers are treasures, so be sure to treat them as such!
- Take the stage…and speak! Speaking is a wonderful way to exhibit your expertise. When developing your speech, begin with the end result in mind. What offer are you going to present? Build your speech around this offer by giving a taste of the transformational services you provide. Employ story-telling in your speaking, as stories engage the audience and trigger emotions. Develop a story with complex characters, suspense, challenges and transformations. Create your engaging story and your compelling offer…and start looking for speaking venues that attract your ideal clients!
- Make an offer in a newsletter. Stay engaged with your contacts, clients and following with an opt-in newsletter. If you do not already offer a valuable gift on your web site, create one as soon possible; you can offer this valuable gift in exchange for a name and email address. In sending a regular newsletter, you will build relationships through strategic email campaigns.
- Invite people to work with you in all you do. Share about your complimentary consultations, for example, on your blog posts, your email signature line, your outgoing voice message, your social media posts, your web site, and your business cards. Remember: do not feel “salesy” in so doing, as you are in the business of transforming lives! If you attract and transform even one client from this practice, your efforts are more than worthwhile.
- Write love letters. Yes, love letters. No, not romantic love letters, but hand-written letters in which you express your gratitude for the relationship. In your “love letters” you can offer an opportunity to do business or you can ask for a referral. In this day and age of electronic communication, a hand-written letter can be treasured. It is a powerful way to build connection and to generate business.
- Do a marketing marathon. Go through all your contacts in your email, phone, client folders and social media. Move systematically through these contacts and start connecting with each person. Ask each individual if there is anyone they know who needs your services; highlight your special limited-time promotion.
Bonus Tip: Ask God for His perfect guidance regarding your next step in harvesting low-hanging fruit. He is the Source of all wisdom and knowledge, and He is the perfect Guide for your every purposeful step.
I encourage you to start implementing these steps, as you will be able to harvest soon your low-hanging fruit. I realize some of these practices can feel uncomfortable, but “practice” these practices to become “perfect” in them. The more you are comfortable with harvesting low-hanging fruit, the more you will be comfortable with promoting your services overall. This will impact your business on every level…not to mention countless lives! After all, we enroll others not to serve ourselves but rather to serve them!
So embrace confidence, move out of your comfort zone and start harvesting low-hanging fruit from a space of love!
“Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.” ~ 2 Corinthians 9:10-11 NIV
If you need help with this powerful process, I invite you to attract your ideal clients and powerfully boost your business over the next 40 days! There is no need to reinvent the wheel. I have organized my knowledge and experiences in business into an implementable 40-day series of actionable daily steps, instructional videos and powerful worksheets. Through October 15th this program will be offered at the incredible introductory price of $27. If you need a serious boost in business, I encourage you to take the next step by visiting Purposeful Pathway Business Academy today!
Let’s pray. O True Vine, in You we grow and prosper. In You we enjoy life, indeed life abundant. You are the One who makes the seeds grow. We ask for Your blessing upon our businesses; we request Your favor as we harvest low-hanging fruit; we implore Your grace as we seek to glorify You. Lead us every moment of every day, every step of our purposeful pathway. It’s in Jesus’ Name that we pray. Amen.
I Treasure Your Thoughts and Comments!