Purposeful Pathway Biz Tip: Enlisting with Excellence
Purposeful Pathway is a haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. It is a journey in which faith and business gracefully intertwine. It is a pathway paved with purpose, peace and passion. The posts provide insights for faith-based business and also inspiration for the spiritual journey. My hope is that, in reading, your businesses will grow and your lives will be enriched. My prayer is that these messages will allow God’s peace, love and joy to pave your purposeful pathways.
Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural. The theme of this post is enlisting with excellence.
Living out great purposes and achieving great goals involves working with others. Achieving great goals never happens in a vacuum, even if you are “solopreneur.” It is important then to enlist those around you to helping you achieve your purposes.
How do you do this? By giving.
- Enlist your family by being the best mother, wife, sister (father, husband, brother) you can be; enlist them also by showing how much they will gain when you reach your goals.
- Enlist your friends by sharing your insights, wisdom and joy.
- Enlist your clients by giving them the best you have and by transforming their lives.
- Enlist your colleagues and centers of influence by putting their needs first.
Enlisting others creates synergism in which the connection works more powerfully than the sum of the parts. Jesus Himself excelled at enlisting; He commissioned His apostles and all his disciples with His mission (Matthew 8:28), but first He showed the unfathomable depth of His love.
I encourage you to enlist with a spirit of excellence. Allow the goal-setting and goal-achieving process, and specifically enlisting others, to become one with you: one with your mind, body and spirit. View the achievement of God-centered goals as not only a practical process but also a spiritual process. Keeping this perspective, you can enlist others with a loving heart. You can enlist with the aim of blessing them and bringing glory to God. The natural fruit borne from this is the burgeoning of your business and the blossoming of your life.
Your action steps for enlisting with excellence are:
- Write a list of those whom you can enlist to reach your goals in all areas of life (spiritual, emotional, relational, vocational, mental, financial and physical).
- Taking this list, create another list of enlistment activities. How can you enlist each of these individuals? How can you give to them? How can you “pay it forward” in a powerful, God-glorifying way?
- Last, journal about how you can heighten excellence in your enlistment and in the overall goal-setting / goal-getting process.
God’s graces to you as you travel purposefully for Him!
Whom do you enlist and how do you do it?
I would love to Read Your Comments!