Letting Go with the Leaves
Image courtesy James Barker at www.freedigitalphotos.net
Autumn is to me a sacred and special time of year. The beauty of the trees seems to culminate in a remarkable rainbow of color. The winds stir the soul with precious promises. The cool weather inspires deep introspection.
In watching recently the leaves dance from the trees, I was reminded of the wisdom in nature. Although the leaves are at their peak of beauty, the trees let go of them. The trees let go simply because it is time to let go.
These very leaves dancing in the Autumn breeze will fertilize the winter ground and become the substance for springtime leaves to grow. So much we can learn from this beautiful cycle. How important it is for us to let go, for in doing so we nourish our roots and encourage new growth.
How can we apply the awesome wisdom of Autumn in our faith-based businesses?
- Enjoy precious moments to ponder. Sit still in God’s presence. “He says, ‘Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.’” (Psalm 46:10) Hear His wisdom. Heed His voice. Harken to His call. Bask in the sunshine, watch the leaves dance and feel the invigorating winds. Allow the rhythm of the seasons to stir your soul. “He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding.” (Daniel 2:21)
- Request of God what needs to be released. What items? What relationship? What resentment? What activity? What goal? What desire? What habit? “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” (James 1:5) Journal the wisdom you gain from Jesus when asking these questions. Document these discoveries without judgment. List everything from a space of love.
- Commit to let go with the leaves. Preferably in an inspiring space, commit to release these various things just as the leaves are released to Autumn winds. Place all in God’s hands.
- Prepare with a plan. Create a plan for this release. For example, how will you release the items? Donate to a charity? Sell on eBay? Host a garage sale? How will you release an unhealthy relationship? Does doing so require a letter? A conversation? Or simply a shift in your perspective? How will you release the activities? The habits? The desires? Create plans with time-lined steps.
- Follow through with faithfulness. Move forward with your plans by leaning on your Father. Expect discomfort in the process; yet expect also divine comfort to follow your heartfelt prayers. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.” (2 Corinthians 1:3-4) Letting go provides breathing space for healing and growth. Release engenders rejuvenation, revitalization and refreshment. Surrender brings sublime peace.
- Wait with wonder. Wait on God to bring about the phenomenal fruit of lovingly letting go. “But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” (Isaiah 40:31) Document this fruit in your journal.
- Rejoice in your release. You will notice beautiful breakthroughs in life and business when you lovingly let go. Rejoice in this fruit and give glory to God!
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace. (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8)
If you need help with this powerful process…I invite you to attract your ideal clients and powerfully boost your business over the next 40 days! There is no need to reinvent the wheel. I have organized my knowledge and experiences in business into an implementable 40-day series of actionable daily steps, instructional videos and powerful worksheets. Through October 15th this program will be offered at the incredible introductory price of $27. If you need a serious boost in business, I encourage you to take the next step by visiting Purposeful Pathway Business Academy today!
Let’s pray. Faithful Father, we rely on you as we release according to Your will. Grant us Your wonderful wisdom, pave our purposeful paths and shed Your luminous light. Give us strength to let go in order to lovingly embrace Your will. Allow us to bear remarkable fruit from this release for Your glory. It’s in Jesus’ Name that we pray. Amen.
I Treasure Your Thoughts and Comments!