Balance Being with Doing
Image courtesy Carlos Porto at www.freedigitalphotos.net
Purposeful Pathway is the haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural.
The theme of this post is how to balance being with doing!
As entrepreneurs, we often feel a sense of joy and fulfillment when we accomplish task after task…after task after task. True to the name, business can keep us busy. Yet, as important as action is, there is beauty to simply being rather than constantly doing. We accomplish far more when we not only do what we need to do but also be who we need to be. God has called us not only to build His Kingdom but to also be His children. Beautiful is the fruit we reap when we balance being with doing.
How exactly do we balance being with doing in our businesses? Let’s explore five ways:
- Recall. Affirm who you are in Christ. Take delight in your Divine Daddy. Recall who you are by His grace. “So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith…” (Galatians 3:26)
- Remind. Remind yourself frequently of who you are with visual cues. For example, write Bible verses on index cards; use Scripture verse screensavers on your computer; leave a sticky note in your car. Do everything you can to visually remind yourself of your identity in Christ.
- Relax. Take purposeful pauses throughout the day to simply be. This practice has proven to be powerful in my life and in the lives of my clients. Periodically still yourself for five to fifteen minutes in order to feel God’s presence and to hear His voice. Oftentimes we accomplish more in five minutes during quiet time with God than during hours at work. His whispers comfort us, guide us, enlighten us, redirect us and inspire us.
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.” (Isaiah 46:10)
4. Re-assess. Ask God to reveal where you are pushing too hard; then re-assess these areas in your business. Ask “who do I need to be in order to achieve this goal in my business?” rather than solely “what do I need to do in order to achieve this goal in my business?” The Lord will direct you with His perfect wisdom. “For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.” (Proverbs 2:6)
5. Release. Release to God areas of struggle and imperfection. “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” (2 Corinthians 12:9) Our weaknesses are windows to blessing if we allow them to be through faith and humility. God often works most powerfully through our challenges and shortcomings. Choose to release the struggle and to instead rest in Him. Choose to simply be in Your Beloved’s arms.
Bonus Step: Rejoice! Having traveled these five steps, rejoice in the refreshment, renewal and rejuvenation you find in beautifully balancing “being” with “doing.” Rejoice in the glorious grace, perfect peace and boundless blessings of Jesus. “Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy.” (Psalm 47:1)
If you need help in balancing being with doing in your business or with building your business overall…I invite you to attract your ideal clients and powerfully boost your business over the next 40 days! There is no need to reinvent the wheel. I have organized my knowledge and experiences in business into an implementable 40-day series of actionable daily steps, instructional videos and powerful worksheets. If you need a serious boost in business, I encourage you to take the next step by visiting Purposeful Pathway Business Academy today!
Let’s Pray: Our Loving Lord, we thank You for all that You have created us to be for Your glory We praise You for making us Your chosen ones and Your royal priesthood through the blood of Jesus. We rejoice in You for refreshing our hearts with the love You lavish upon us. Help us, Divine Daddy, to balance our being with our doing. Help us to honor You with our businesses and with our lives. We love you with every fiber of our beings, every moment of every day…and it is in Jesus’s Name we pray. Amen.
I Treasure Your Thoughts and Comments!