Release to Receive
Image courtesy Gualberto107 at www.freedigitalphotos.net
Purposeful Pathway is the haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural.
The theme of this post is release to receive!
One way to enjoy remarkable growth in our faith-based businesses is learning to receive. Our Loving Father desires to lavish us with blessings from His bounty. Yet how often do we stymie our receiving by clenching our spiritual fists? When we push too hard in our labors or when we cling too tightly to outcomes, we actually repel the act of receiving. Yes, it is important to plan, to give our best efforts and to be committed to highest results; yet it is equally important to release outcomes to God’s hands and to make space for grace.
How exactly do we release to receive? Let’s look at five practical yet powerful steps:
- Review. First things first: start with an honest review. Are there any areas in which you are pushing too hard or clinging too tightly to outcomes? Are there any areas in which you can open your hands to give more of yourself or your resources? Are there any areas in which you are spinning your wheels rather than seeking God’s grace? Ask God for His revealing light in these areas.
- Renew. Once you have reviewed, choose to renew these areas by God’s grace. Commit to Christ your desire to change; allow His Holy Spirit to spark the transformation. “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” (Romans 12:2)
- Release. Having reviewed and renewed, it is now time to release. Release control of outcomes; release stress about success; release fear about finances; release perfectionism in your projects; release excess items in your environment; release unhealthy relationships in your heart; release your anxieties to God. “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7)
- Receive. Having released, be ready to receive. Open the hands of your heart to God and to others by giving; in doing so, you open your heart to receive from God’s bounty. “In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” (Acts 20:35) And we know, as Jesus told us, to “give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” (Luke 6:38)
- Rejoice. Remarkable are the love and providence of our Redeemer. Choose to rejoice in Him and in His grace! “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!” (Philippians 4:4)
Yes, release to receive…and rejoice all the while! I encourage you to be intentional in this practice for boosting your business and deepening your joy!
If you need help with releasing to receive or with building your business overall, I invite you to attract your ideal clients and powerfully boost your business over the next 40 days! There is no need to reinvent the wheel. I have organized my knowledge and experiences in business into an implementable 40-day series of actionable daily steps, instructional videos and powerful worksheets. If you need a serious boost in business, I encourage you to take the next step by visiting Purposeful Pathway Business Academy today!
Let’s Pray: Remarkable Redeemer, we thank You for Your perfect provision. Help us to release that which hinders our love for You and for others; strengthen us to let go of that which is not for Your glory. We choose to release these things in order to receive Your goodness. We love you with every fiber of our beings, every moment of every day…and it’s in Jesus’ Name we pray. Amen.
I Treasure Your Thoughts and Comments!