Purposeful Pathway is a haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural.
The theme of this post is embracing a business that is uniquely you!
As I went out to eat with friends recently, I was reminded of how vastly eating styles can vary. For example, I am a vegan, and I thrive on raw, whole, plant-based foods. Yet not everyone thrives on that type of diet. We have different body chemistries. A source of optimal nutrition for one person may be a source of extreme food allergy for another. God created us wonderfully unique!
“For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.” (Psalm 139:13-14)
This wonderful uniqueness extends to our businesses. Our businesses, too, have different “chemistries.” What works well for one may not work well for another. It is important to try new things while being acutely aware of how our explorations impact our businesses.
So just how you can increase income and impact by being uniquely you?
Let’s walk through seven practical yet powerful steps.
- Write a list of every activity you perform in your business. Yes, this may sound like a tedious task, but the process is very helpful. Examples may be daily social media time, a weekly newsletter, a biweekly post, and client coaching calls. Tally your activities and their corresponding frequencies.
- Review this list and asterisk the activities which bear the most fruit. Review your files; assess your data; study your income sources. From where did you obtain the most product sales? From whom did you obtain the most referrals? How did you most efficiently grow your following? Mark the most powerful activities on your list.
- Look now at the highest fruit-bearing activities and choose to increase them. What are the top three client-attracting and business-building activities? How can you do more of these more often?
- Look at the lowest fruit-bearing activities and choose to decrease them (or, in some cases, remove them altogether). This is a crucial step. There are only so many hours in a day; in order to increase your highest fruit-bearing activities, you will need to make space in your schedule. Even if this action seems illogical or contrary to what you have learned, trust your unique business numbers. For example, if you consistently attract more clients from speaking rather than from social media, choose to increase your speaking time and decrease your social media time…yes, even if your respected colleague experiences otherwise. Remember: we have different body chemistries and different business chemistries!
- Carefully monitor the changes. Keep track in your business journal when and how you implemented the changes and what results were borne; in doing so, you will discover which adjustments have been most effective and also which adjustments are still necessary.
- Call on the Creator of your chemistry. Pray for guidance in every step of this purposeful process. God is the Creator of your unique chemistry, and He is the ultimate Guide. “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10)
- Rejoice in your remarkable uniqueness! God has fearfully and wonderfully made you. Choose to embrace your uniqueness with frequent moments of contemplation, prayer and celebration!
“But now, O Lord, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand.” (Isaiah 64:8)
I am excited for you as you embrace the uniqueness of you and your business!
If you need help with leveraging the “unique you” of your business, I would be happy to assist you. A healthy business involves health all around: body, mind and spirit. Join 3D Vitality Biblical Health Coach Ann Musico and me in a powerful journey for transforming your body, your business and your life here.
Let’s pray. Marvelous Masterpiece-Maker, we delight and rejoice in You! Thank you for making us fearfully, wonderfully and remarkably unique. Thank You for paving purposeful pathways for us that are delightfully different. Help us, Faithful Father, as we travel these paths for Your glory. Allow us to embrace the uniqueness of our businesses and of our lives in order to share Your love and light. We love You with all our hearts, minds, strength and souls. It is in Jesus’ Name that we pray. Amen.