Netting from Networking
Purposeful Pathway is the haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural.
The theme of this post is netting from networking!
Networking events can be powerful for business building. Yet so many entrepreneurs find themselves pouring tremendous time and energy while bearing little fruit in the process. They find themselves netting very little from networking…and so they give up.
It is, however, possible to enjoy fun and fruitful networking. Let’s explore five ways:
1. Go to give. As in all things, put others before yourself. Genuinely seek how you can serve others. When stepping into a networking event, pray for the grace to give. Heed God’s Spirit and look for the opportunities. “In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.'” (Acts 20:35)
2. Inquire to inspire. People enjoy sharing about themselves and their businesses. Ask others about themselves and what they do; then listen with an interested ear. Embrace what you learn and contemplate how you can help with assistance, referrals or resources. “Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger…” (James 1:19)
3. Create real relationships. Seek to build real relationships rather than to pass out business cards. Be more eager to receive business cards than to give your own; be more eager still to enjoy strong conversations rather than quick card exchanges. Truly connect with others; focus on quality rather than quantity.
4. Faithfully follow up. Faithfully follow up with phone calls, letters, emails and/or gifts. Thank each professional for his or her time and recall certain enjoyable parts of the conversation. Include your business card in mailings and your contact information in emails; always offer to help. “The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.” (2 Corinthians 9:6)
5. Give more, and do not give up. Often you will not reap fruit immediately from networking. Do not give up. Faithfully attend events with a giving heart and then faithfully follow up. In doing so, you will not only reap fruit but also have fun.
When you go to give, you will surely net from networking. “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” (Galatians 6:9)
If you need help with networking or with building your business overall, I invite you to attract your ideal clients and powerfully boost your business over the next 40 days! There is no need to reinvent the wheel. I have organized my knowledge and experiences in business into an implementable 40-day series of actionable daily steps, instructional videos and powerful worksheets. If you need a serious boost in business, I encourage you to take the next step by visiting Purposeful Pathway Business Academy today!
Let’s Pray: Faithful Father, thank You for the precious people you place upon our pathways. Help us to give generously by Your grace. May we seek to serve others for Your glory and honor. Bless our work with Your wonderful and eternal fruit. We love you with every fiber of our beings, every moment of every day, every step of the pathway…and it is in Jesus’ Name we pray. Amen.
I Treasure Your Thoughts and Comments!