Purposeful Pathway is the haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural.
The theme of this post is adding adventure!
My prayer is that you are savoring the start of this New Year! These past few weeks have involved a lot of traveling and shifting personal situations for me, and some have labeled my life as full of “adventures.” I must say that I have to agree! As disruptive as these “adventures” may be on the surface to a business, they are rewarding in that they shift perspective and boost creativity. It is very easy in our faith-based businesses to get lost in the practicals; it is important to remember the power of adding adventure!
How do we add adventure? Let’s look at seven steps for doing just that:
- Be open to it. Decide that adventure is an important component of growing and stretching…and decide to embrace it as part of your business (and life) journey. If you view adventure as dangerous or frivolous, you will not carve the space and the grace for it.
- Determine what adventure is to you. Your idea of a healthy adventure may be completely different than mine. What is a good adventure to you? What does it look like? Feel like? Smell like? Taste like? Sound like? Write down in detail what your fun and fruitful adventures involve.
- Open your eyes. Once you have defined your adventures and have opened your mind to them, keep your physical, emotional and spiritual eyes open as well. God is gracious to give us opportunities, but we must be vigilant to see them and receive them.
- Don’t dismiss discomfort. Yes, you want the adventure and you have been looking for it…but do not expect everything to smooth sailing. It would not be an adventure if that were the case, right? Remember that the discomfort stretches us, challenges us and changes us…and all for the better if we allow it. “Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.” (James 1:12)
- Find purpose in pain. You may find your adventures to have periods of pain far beyond simple discomfort. Others may resist your changes, you may feel unsettled with new scenarios, old wounds may come to the surface; yet purposeful is our pain when we remember that God only allows what is for our best and for His glory. Choose to see the purpose in the pain, and choose to embrace peace by seeking God’s Presence. “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.” (James 12:8)
- Find fruit in the fun. On the other side of the pain and discomfort is fun and joy. Learn to find the fruit in the fun. Grow in the midst of it. Be freed by it. Give glory to God in it. Allow fruitful fun to boost your Christ-centered creativity. “Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth. Walk in the ways of your heart and the sight of your eyes. But know that for all these things God will bring you into judgment.” (Ecclesiastes 11:9)
- Add adventures while adding value. Add value to your business and to God’s Kingdom as you are adding your adventures. Share the wisdom, the treasures, the insights and the love that you have gained with your family, friends, followers, clients and colleagues. Beautiful, then, is the ripple effect of your remarkable adventures! “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.” (Colossians 3:16)
I encourage you to be intentional in adding adventure for boosting your business and deepening your joy!
If you need help with adding adventure or with building your business overall, I invite you to attract your ideal clients and powerfully boost your business over the next 40 days! There is no need to reinvent the wheel. I have organized my knowledge and experiences in business into an implementable 40-day series of actionable daily steps, instructional videos and powerful worksheets. If you need a serious boost in business, I encourage you to take the next step by visiting Purposeful Pathway Business Academy today!
Let’s Pray: Awesome Adventurous Father, we dedicate all to You on our purposeful pathways. Help us, Divine Daddy, to add adventure for Your glory and for the blessing of others. Stretch us, change us, challenge us that we may become more and more like Christ. Allow us to enjoy fruitful fun for you, O Father. We love you with every fiber of our beings, every moment of every day…and it’s in Jesus’ Name we pray. Amen.
I Treasure Your Thoughts and Comments!