Something Old, Something New
Purposeful Pathway is the haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural.
The theme of this post is embracing something old and something new to boost business!
Traditional rhymes are both amusing and fascinating. We can learn much about culture and history by tracing the roots of common expressions. The familiar rhyme “something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, a sixpence in your shoe” is one that comes to mind and brings a smile. Charming as this Old English rhyme may be in the context of a wedding, it is also a wonderful reminder for good business practices.
How so? Let’s explore five ways:
1. Something Old. Beneficial it is to explore “old” tried and true habits that are effective in our businesses. Evaluate with the following questions: What are your habits, routines, practices and systems in business? What can you learn from the results of these? Which of these habits consistently yield fruit? Which do not? Having explored these questions, determine how to leverage more powerfully the specific “old” habits that are the most fruitful.
2. Something New. It is wise to embrace the old tried and true; it is wise, too, to embrace something new. Explore: What can you do to shake things up? What new practice can add value to your business? What new mindset can yield powerful results? Adding something new can shift our businesses and our lives in a powerful way, often far beyond expectations. The added “newness” can extend outside of business. For example, eating new foods, driving new routes, or exploring new trails can boost creativity and heighten inspiration.
3. Something Borrowed. Yes, there is beauty to things that are borrowed too. Oftentimes we start from scratch without learning from the mistakes and successes from others. Ask yourself: Who has achieved success in your field of business? What can you learn from him/her? What specific habit, system or procedure in his/her business can add value to your business? “Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.” (Proverbs 13:20)
4. Something Blue. Beautiful it is, too, to add something blue. The Old English “blue” referred to faithfulness and love. Ponder: What can you do to express more radiantly your faith in God and your love for others? Whom can you serve more wholeheartedly? How can you give more frequently? “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” (Luke 6:38)
5. Sixpence in Your Shoe. Rather than insert a sixpence in your shoe for prosperity, choose to step forward in the Holy Spirit on purpose. Prayerfully consider: How can you heed more clearly God’s voice and direction? How can you deepen your relationship with Christ? What can you do to act out more powerfully your faith in the business arena? Living purposefully for Jesus is the pathway to true prosperity and timeless joy.
So, without the need for wedding bells, I encourage you to embrace something old and something new! You will experience richer fruit, deeper joy and purposeful fun in your business…and in your life!
If you need help with incorporating “something old, something new” in your business or with building your business overall, I invite you to attract your ideal clients and powerfully boost your business over the next 40 days! There is no need to reinvent the wheel. I have organized my knowledge and experiences in business into an implementable 40-day series of actionable daily steps, instructional videos and powerful worksheets. If you need a serious boost in business, I encourage you to take the next step by visiting Purposeful Pathway Business Academy today!
Let’s Pray: Loving Lord, Timeless Treasure, Forever Friend, we thank You for the many things old and new that assist us in our journeys with Jesus. We ask, Eternal One, that You inspire us with Your wisdom as we embrace Your wonderful gifts. Keep our eyes fixed on heaven and on the eternal treasures You have prepared for us. We love you with every fiber of our beings, every moment of every day, every step of the pathway…and it is in Jesus’ Name we pray. Amen.
I Treasure Your Thoughts and Comments!