Stop Doubting and Believe!
Guest Post by Heart and Soul Health Coach Mike Fenton
Things aren’t going your way? You’re not progressing along as quickly as you hoped; whether at work, school, or just life in general? We’ve all been there before, and we got through it, right? So why the doubt now?
Doubt has brought many to their knees because once we start doubting ourselves we start to lose faith in ability to overcome the situation, and once we stop believing, we lose hope. Life is full of many challenges and we may not win them all, but when the reason we did not win is because we started doubting in our own abilities to succeed, we have lost faith, and the result can be heartbreaking.
The reason(s) we begin to lose faith differs from person to person, just as the amount it takes for one to lose faith varies from person to person. It depends largely on your tolerance level and what you have going on in your life at the moment.
If you’ve started to doubt yourself and your abilities, here are some things you can do to get yourself back on track:
- Write it down on paper, take an honest realistic view of things and write down where you’re at now, and where you want to be in whatever time increment you would like to experience this change. By taking an honest realistic view of things and writing them down, you focus on the things that mean the most to you.
- Set goals and goal markers, once you’ve come to terms with what it is you want, make a plan on how you are going to get it. In the plan, set goals for when you want things to happen and goal markers that will let you know you’ve reached each goal.
- Don’t overwhelm yourself, taking on too much at one time can sabotage our ability to accomplish things. Start with those things that mean most to you and give them your full attention.
- Outsource, when its possible let someone else do the work! Using a virtual assistant can save you a lot of time and headache. There are many sites out there that do that type of work for a good price. www.fiverr.com is an option, www.odesk.com is another, and both sites are good. At home if there is a task you don’t care to do, hire someone else to do it and use your new found time to do something fun.
- Believe, have faith that you can get the job done! If you have fears look to God to help you with them. Psalms 34:4 tells us if we seek the Lord he will answer, and He will deliver us from all our fears.
- Reward yourself, as you start reaching your goals and are starting to make the changes you desired take time to reward yourself for making these accomplishments. It’s a good reason to celebrate and it gives you incentive to keep moving forward.
The above steps will help you become more organized and focused, which in turn will give you clarity of thought. By becoming more organized and focused we find even the most daunting task no match for us now!
“Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives”.
William James (1842 – 1910)
At Mike Fenton Coaching I help people make lifestyle changes that will give them healthier alternatives to prescription medications. In doing so they save experience happier healthier drug-free lives, and they save money. I will provide personalized diet, wellness and nutritional counseling through online programs you do in the privacy of your own home. Together we work to achieve “Total Wellness” – when mind, body and spirit all come together as one in good health. If you have been thinking about health coaching now is the time to schedule a FREE 50 Minute Personal Coaching Session with me at email@example.com