How to Accelerate with Action
Image courtesy Sura Nualpradid at www.freedigitalphotos.net
Purposeful Pathway is the haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural.
The theme of this post is how to accelerate with action!
All of us know that we must take purposeful action to reach our powerful goals, right? Yet how often do we stall, even unwittingly, in the progress on our pathways? I have seen this in my own life and in my clients’ lives. Are you experiencing any area of stagnancy or being stuck? I encourage you to take even one inspired action step in that area in order to accelerate your business…and accentuate your joy!
How exactly does action accelerate our businesses? Let’s look at seven ways:
- Creating Confidence. Action builds confidence. For example, a new coach may not have much faith in her skills. Yet, as she works with clients, she witnesses the results they bear time and time again. If she waited until she had strong confidence before enrolling clients, she may never start. Yet, in starting, she develops confidence. So don’t wait for confidence in order to do; rather do in order to build confidence.
- Strengthening Skills. What is more effective at strengthening your cooking skills: watching countless cooking shows or simply getting your hands dirty and actually cooking? “Hands-on” training is a powerful skill-builder. As much as I encourage my clients to be avid consumers of excellent content, we all know too well the “analysis paralysis” syndrome. Is there an area in which you are devouring information but stalling on action? I encourage you to stop the information overload and start applying what you have learned. “For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.” (James 1:23-25)
- Wielding Wisdom. “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.” (Proverbs 1:7) The Lord speaks to us when we love and revere Him. He speaks to us in His Word and through His Spirit. Often, too, He speaks to us when we are in action. I have learned some of the most valuable lessons by the actions I have taken and their corresponding failures or successes. Taking action not only reinforces what we know but also reveals to us new insights and inspirations.
- Jumpstarting Joy. Want to boost your joy? Delight in doing. Taking action shakes things up, shifts our perspectives, and shines light on the miracles of God’s moving hand. “They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.” (1 Timothy 6:18-19)
- Discerning Direction. God often reveals to us only one step at a time on our purposeful pathways. Go ahead and take one step in the “Red Sea” of your life; the Lord will part the sea and lead your steps. It is prudent to pray for wisdom in your decisions, but do not stall so long that you avoid the direction-revealing power of action. “Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.” (Psalm 119:105)
- Propelling Prosperity. “Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap.” (Ecclesiastes 11:4) When we pause to watch the winds and read the clouds of life, we miss opportunities to sow seed and bear fruit. Sow your seed even when the winds are blowing and the skies are gray. God blesses the one who takes diligent and consistent action. “Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest.” (Proverbs 6:6-8)
- Honing Holiness. We are made righteous by our faith in Jesus Christ, yet we express our faith in our doing. “But someone will say, ‘You have faith and I have works.’ Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.” (James 2:18) Acting upon our faith is an essential element of progressive sanctification.
“Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.” (1 John 3:18)
These are seven powerful benefits of taking action. You may wonder now what action to take? Start with the next best step, and you can learn exactly how here in another post. Is there an area in which you have been postponing action? Pause to pray and then accelerate with God-inspired action!
If you need help with taking action or with building your business overall, I invite you to attract your ideal clients and powerfully boost your business over the next 40 days! There is no need to reinvent the wheel. I have organized my knowledge and experiences in business into an implementable 40-day series of actionable daily steps, instructional videos and powerful worksheets. If you need a serious boost in business, I encourage you to take the next step by visiting Purposeful Pathway Business Academy today!
Let’s Pray: Loving Lord, thank You for inspiring us with action that glorifies You. Thank You for teaching us Your perfect ways and for paving our paths. Thank You for blessing us with eternal fruit when we sow faithfully in Your Name. Bless our businesses and our lives as we choose to follow You every moment of every day. It’s in Jesus’ Name we pray. Amen.
I Treasure Your Thoughts and Comments!