Bless through your Bliss
Purposeful Pathway is the haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural.
The theme of this post is blessings others through your bliss!
As a business coach, I find joy in helping others achieve success in their faith-based businesses. Clients often come to me confused and bombarded by the plethora of information, systems and processes available. As wonderful and helpful as it may be, the endless stream of information can be overwhelming!
Sometimes my clients feel stuck because of a message that they need to adhere to a certain model in order to achieve success. I have been there too! When a certain “must-do” model does not resonate with us, we may feel “wrong” for not embracing it.
Yet the truth is: there is one path to salvation (through Jesus), but there are many paths to success.
“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” (Psalm 139:14) God has made each one of us wonderfully and beautifully unique. You have a certain collection of gifts, skills, experiences, passions and desires that makes you special. Do you feel called to speak on stage? Stellar! Speak freely. Do you enjoy conducting teleseminars at home? Terrific! Host with wisdom. Do you enjoy beta-testing niche sites? Beautiful! Experiment with excellence. Do you enjoy writing? Wonderful! Write with passion.
When we embrace our bliss we bless many more lives – and with much greater joy.
That being said, embracing your bliss does not mean that you should avoid experimenting with different modalities; after all, how can you know what you enjoy if you do not experiment? Additionally, embracing your bliss does not mean you need to re-invent the wheel. As it has been said, success leaves clues. Learn from those who are successful in your areas of blissful passion. Embracing your bliss, however, does mean that you discover the sweetest peace, deepest joy and most fragrant fruit when you fully embrace who you are and what you love to do.
Let’s look at practical steps now. How can you move forward today to bless others with your bliss?
- Define what you love and what you dread. Create a list of two columns; one side includes those things you love, the other side the things you dread Do you love writing but dread speaking? Take note of this. Be completely honest, as we can be tempted even in this type of exercise to write what we think we “should” write.
- Circle the top bliss-bearing activities. Review your list and mark the activities that bring you most bliss. Are you incorporating these into your business consistently? If not, how can you?
- Aim to remove the drag-creating dreaded items. Again, reviewing the list, take stock of items you dread. These are the items that create “drag” in your business. Are you performing any of these now on a consistent basis? If so, how can you move away from this? Can you delegate? Outsource? Remove an unnecessary task completely?
- Construct a list of action steps and commit them to the Lord. What specific steps can you take to incorporate your areas of bliss and to remove your areas of dread? After writing down these action steps, create a time-sequenced action plan. Be sure to “commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.” (Proverbs 16:3)
- Prepare for fear. When we step into our bliss, we may feel that we are doing something “wrong” as it feels almost “too easy.” Be prepared for the transition and pray for grace along the way!
- Prepare to change. Do not be afraid to try things that are not on your bliss list. We change, and so too can our bliss-bearing activities. Be open to experimentation in business and in life.
- Embrace blissful blessing! In faithfully taking the previous six steps, you will eventually find that your bliss bears blessing not only for you but also for many. Best of all, your beautiful bliss best glorifies God! Praise Him for creating you to be extraordinarily unique in order to serve Him in an extraordinary way. “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters…” (Colossians 3:23)
Below is a poem that celebrates our unique qualities. Although it is not quite yet Autumn here, the words capture poetically what we have just reviewed practically.
“The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.” ~ 1 Corinthians 12:12
(Send as an Inspirational Christian eCard)
The Autumn winds
Rustle through trees;
Leaves dance in the air,
Flying on the breeze.
Each leaf that falls
Displays its own dance;
God is perfect in His design,
Nothing left to chance.
One colorful leaf twirls,
Another leaf glides,
Another one spins,
One rocks to both sides.
Each dance is unique,
Each a marvel to my eyes;
So too are the dances
Of clouds in the skies.
As they ride the heights,
The clouds dance in the air;
Each a new formation,
Unique, without compare.
Is not my life
Also much like these?
Did God not make us unique,
As His heart did please?
Our Lord God is the Potter,
We are His clay;
He created each of us
To serve a special way.
Many a part
Has the body of man,
So too the Body of Christ
Reflects this plan.
I am, and so are you;
Perfectly equipped we are
For what we must do.
As one leaf does twirl
And another does glide,
So too we dance differently,
Those who in Christ abide.
Come, let us rejoice,
With the leaves let us dance;
God designed us perfectly,
Nothing He left to chance.
And as Autumn winds
Rustle through trees,
Let us celebrate our differences,
For God we live to please.
© COPYRIGHT 2013 Caroline Gavin
I am excited for you as you embrace your bliss for your benefit, for the blessing of others and for God’s glory!
If you need help in embracing your bliss for your business, I would be happy to help in this powerful process. I offer to you a complimentary “Boost my Business” session. You will walk away with clarity, renewed vision and a completely customized clear-cut next-step action plan. Simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time or click here.
Let’s pray. Heavenly Father, thank You so much for fearfully and wonderfully making me. Forgive me, Father, when I am distracted by what others are and do; allow me to embrace gratefully what You have given me that I may serve You wholeheartedly with these gifts. I love you so much, and I desire to glorify You in every action, every word, every thought, and every breath. Allow me, Beloved Daddy, to bless billions through my bliss. It’s in Jesus’ Name that I pray. Amen.
I would be honored for you to Leave a Comment!